Pat Summitt, the all-time winningest coach in NCAA basketball history and bestselling author of Reach for the Summitt and Raise The Roof, tells for the first time her remarkable story of victory and resilience as well as facing down her greatest challenge: early-onset Alzheimer's disease.
Pat Summitt was only 21 when she became head coach of the Tennessee Vols women's basketball team. For 38 years, she has broken records, winning more games than any NCAA team in basketball history. She has coached an undefeated season, co-captained the first women's Olympic team, was inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame, and has been named Sports Illustrated 'Sportswoman of the Year'.
She owes her coaching success to her personal struggles and triumphs. She learned to be tough from her strict, demanding father. Motherhood taught her to balance that rigidity with communication and kindness. She is a role model for the many women she's coached; 74 of her players have become coaches.
Pat's life took a shocking turn in 2011, when she was diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimer's disease, an irreversible brain condition that affects 5 million Americans. Despite her devastating diagnosis, she led the Vols to win their sixteenth SEC championship in March 2012. Pat continues to be a fighter, facing this new challenge the way she's faced every other--with hard work, perseverance, and a sense of humor.
From the Hardcover edition.
- Popular eBooks Available Now
- Mystery eBooks
- Science Fiction eBooks
- Fantasy eBooks
- New eBooks for Adults
- You Are What You Eat (eBooks)
- Taking Control of Your Time, Your Money, Your Mind, Your Life (eBooks)
- History eBooks
- Current Events
- Romance Ebooks for Valentine's Day
- New Books for Kids
- See all
- Always Available Audiobooks
- Mystery Audiobooks
- Biography and Autobiography Audiobooks
- Business Audiobooks
- History Audiobooks
- Popular Fiction Audiobooks Available Now
- Fitness and Nutrition Audiobooks
- Popular Audiobooks Available Now
- Women's History Month: Audiobooks
- Romance Audiobooks for Valentine's Day
- New Audiobooks for Kids
- New Audiobooks for Adults
- Popular Nonfiction Audiobooks Available Now
- See all