THE INTERNATIONAL BESTSELLER & INDIE NEXT PICK
"Griffin's stunning debut, brimming with irresistible Irish-isms, is an elegy to love, loss and the complexity of life." –People Magazine
One of Goodreads' 43 Most Anticipated Reads of 2019
"Beautiful. Intimate. Tearful. Aching and lyrical. So simply and beautifully told." –Louise Penny, #1 New York Times bestselling author
"I'm here to remember–all that I have been and all that I will never be again."
If you had to pick five people to sum up your life, who would they be? If you were to raise a glass to each of them, what would you say? And what would you learn about yourself, when all is said?
At the bar of a grand hotel in a small Irish town sits 84-year-old Maurice Hannigan. He's alone, as usual - though tonight is anything but. Pull up a stool and charge your glass, because Maurice is finally ready to tell his story.
Over the course of this evening, he will raise five toasts to the five people who have meant the most to him. Through these stories - of unspoken joy and regret, a secret tragedy kept hidden, a fierce love that never found its voice - the life of one man will be powerful and poignantly laid bare.
Beautifully heart-warming and powerfully felt, the voice of Maurice Hannigan will stay with you long after all is said and done.
- New eBooks for Adults
- NOBLE's Most Popular Adult eBooks in 2021
- Mystery eBooks
- Science Fiction eBooks
- Fantasy eBooks
- History eBooks
- Always Available Adult eBooks
- No Waiting List eBooks
- See all
- Mystery Audiobooks
- Biography and Autobiography Audiobooks
- Business Audiobooks
- Listening to History
- Most Popular Audiobooks Available Now
- New Audiobooks for Kids
- NOBLE's Most Popular Adult Audiobooks in 2021
- 2021 Audie Award Finalists
- Always Available Adult Audiobooks
- No Waiting List Audiobooks
- Popular Audiobooks Under Three Hours
- Popular Audiobooks Between 3 and 5 Hours Long
- See all
- News, Business and Finance
- Food and Drink
- Health and Fitness
- Special Christmas Issues of Magazines
- See all