"I set out deliberately to write a tour-de-force. Before I ever put pen to paper and set down the first word I knew what the last word would be and almost where the last period would fall." --William Faulkner on As I Lay Dying
As I Lay Dying is Faulkner's harrowing account of the Bundren family's odyssey across the Mississippi countryside to bury Addie, their wife and mother. Narrated in turn by each of the family members--including Addie herself--as well as others the novel ranges in mood, from dark comedy to the deepest pathos. Considered one of the most influential novels in American fiction in structure, style, and drama, As I Lay Dying is a true 20th-century classic.
This edition reproduces the corrected text of As I Lay Dying as established in 1985 by Noel Polk.
- Read a Romance for Valentine's Day!
- Mystery eBooks
- Science Fiction eBooks
- Fantasy eBooks
- You Are What You Eat (eBooks)
- Taking Control of Your Time, Your Money, Your Mind, Your Life (eBooks)
- History eBooks
- Current Events
- Winter Reading
- You Are What You Eat
- Hate to Wait?
- See all
- Mystery Audiobooks
- Biography and Autobiography Audiobooks
- Business Audiobooks
- History Audiobooks
- Fitness and Nutrition Audiobooks
- Women's History Month: Audiobooks
- Romance Audiobooks for Valentine's Day
- Always Available Audiobooks
- New Audiobooks for Adults
- See all